Published: January 2019
Amazon Logistics and Delivery Services Explained
Circulated: May 8, 2019
- AMZL: Amazon Logistics, goal = last mile package delivery.
- Amazon Flex: independent contractor community.
- Delivery Service Providers: small independent delivery businesses.
- Prime Now: ultrafast 1-hour paid, 2-hour free delivery (+ tip).
- AmazonFresh: grocery delivery ($14.95/month) or buy-online pick-up by car service (free). Competes with: Kroger Delivery.
- Amazon Restaurants: food delivery service where Flex drivers are the delivery network. Competes with: UberEats, Postmates, DoorDash.
- AMXL: Amazon extra-large delivery service (e.g., TV, furniture, mattress) to deliver, unpack, assemble, install, and haul away old items.