Source: David Perell via Twitter
Published: December 2019
Amazon Writing Style Tips
Circulated: March 5, 2019
#2: Be objective: avoid adjectives and adverbs.
- Adjectives are imprecise and don’t contribute to making a decision.
- Most Amazonians react negatively to buzz words and qualifications without data.
- Sales increased significantly in Q4, due to our use of holiday promotions.
- We made the application much faster.
- This will make this endeavor extremely successful.
- Unit sales increased 40% in Q4 2011, compared to Q4 2010, because of holiday promotions.
- We reduced server side trailing 90-day latency from 10ms to 1ms.
- This will increase output by 2.5%.