Source: Des Traynor
Published: May 2020
Amazon Writing Style Tips
- Avoid jargon and acronyms.
- We use writing to prompt inclusive debate.
- Jargon and acronyms exclude non-experts and newcomers.
- Always explain technical terms, acronyms, and abbreviations when they first appear.
Example: “After we sign the Non-Disclosure agreement (NDA)…”
- Words are vague words that create the impression of meaning.
- They obscure the real meaning and make a good debate less likely.
Examples of weasel words in phrases:
“would help the solution”
“might bring clarity”
“should result in benefits”
“nearly all customers”
“arguably the best”