Source: Amazon Day 1 Blog
Published: October 2019
Circulated: October 14, 2019
We created these positions to provide customers, investors, policymakers, employees, and others our views on certain issues. While our positions are carefully considered and deeply held, there is much room for healthy debate and differing opinions.
- The federal minimum wage in the U.S. is too low and should be raised.
- Human-induced climate change is real, serious, and action is needed from the public and private sectors.
- The energy industry should have access to the same technologies as other industries.
- Diversity and inclusion are good for business — and more fundamentally — simply right.
- The rights of LGBTQ+ people must be protected.
- We strongly support the rights of immigrants and immigration reform.
- Governments at all levels — federal, state, and local — should have access to the best technology.
- Governments should work quickly to put in place a regulatory framework for facial recognition technology.
- Counterfeiters should receive stronger penalties under federal law.
- Consumer data privacy should be protected under federal law.
- Corporate tax codes should incentivize investment in the economy and job creation.