Source: International Trademark Association
Published: May 2019
n = 4,500 Gen Z (born 1995 to 2010) from 10 countries
Gen Z Insights: Brands and Counterfeit Products
Circulated: May 23, 2019
- 82% of U.S. shoppers within Gen Z who have heard of property rights think intellectual property is as important or more important than physical property rights.
- 71% percent of respondents said they had purchased fakes in the past year.
- 35% said they plan to purchase fewer going forward.
- 64% of those who bought counterfeits products said they had a good experience doing so.
- Bonus fact: 89% of Gen Z say brands should aim to do good in the world. (Think: Toms and Patagonia)