Source: PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC)
Published: May 2019
U.S. Digital Consumer Trends
Circulated: May 20, 2019
- Consumers spent 20% more time online in 2018 than 2017
- Cross-device erodes desktop dominance. To access the internet, 65% of consumers will use desktop and mobile, 21% desktop only and 14%mobile only
- Mobile increased share of time spent online to 74% in 2018 vs. 68% in 2017.
- Consumers spent 22% more time on social media in 2018 vs 2017.
- Video is made for mobile. 62% of video starts occur on a mobile device (+9% YoY)