Published: May 2018
How to Adjust Your Office Chair
Circulated: August 16, 2019
An estimated 50% of workers in the industrialized world report experiencing back pain.
Steps to set your office chair (with gifs)
- Adjust the seat height so that your feet are flat on the ground and your legs form a 90-degree angle.
- Adjust the arm rests so they’re at elbow height with your shoulders relaxed, and your arms are at a 90-degree angle.
- Adjust the recline by leaning back to a comfortable distance and then locking it into place. The optimal angle is a 110-degree angle.
- Adjust your recline throughout the day. Shift positions to redistribute pressure and promote blood circulation.
- Adjust the lumbar support so it fits into the natural curve of your spine — about waist level.