Published: May 2020
n = 60,000 families with children
Kids’ App Habit Insights
Circulated: July 1, 2020
Research conducted in 2019 and 2020 in the US, UK, and Spain sought to share insights on children’s screen-time habits. Here are the key takeaways across four app categories: online video, social media, video games, and education for children ages 4 to 15.
- YouTube is the most popular source of online videos for kids (despite being for ages 13+)
- TikTok drove the growth of social app use up by 200% in 2020.
- Kids spend 85 minutes per day on YouTube. (100 minutes per day in the US)
- Kids spend 80 minutes per day on TikTok.
- Kids spend 60 minutes per day playing video games.
- Google Classroom is used by 65% of children in Spain.
Bonus: Unfamiliar with TikTok? See today’s fact shared via TikTok.