Source: Fact of the Day 1
Published: August 2019
n = 623 Amazonians
Learnings From Readers’ Perspective
Circulated: August 30, 2019
Yesterday we sent out a survey to Amazonians who subscribe to Fact of the Day 1.
Here’s what you said:
Roses: a highlight, success, or positive memory.
- I love when a fact sparks a creative conversation with my team.
- Quick, easily digestible fact — often applicable to the work I do.
- I like the daily surprise of different topics.
- I love learning about other parts of Amazon that I don’t see day-to-day.
- Love the handwritten whiteboard format — somehow feel it’s more engaging than the typed version.
Thorns: a low point, failure, or negative memory.
- I wish there was a way to search old facts by subject or topic.
- Sometimes the image is too big for my screen.
- They are usually US focused; I would like more international facts.
- The images take up a lot of space in my inbox.
Bud: a new idea, something you’re looking forward to, or a growth opportunity.
- Perhaps teams could submit facts to educate on happenings around Amazon.
- More Amazon lore, dogma, witticisms, mistakes leading to innovation.
- We should recommend this list during New Hire Orientation.
- Create a place for follow-up discussion like a Chime group or a Forum.
- Have you thought about making facts interactive and sharing the results the next day?