Published: January 2018
Mechanisms at Amazon
Circulated: July 12, 2019
What is a mechanism?
A complete process which converts inputs into desired outputs on an ongoing, recurring basis.
What is the value of a mechanism?
- Allow us to learn and improve from historical defects.
- Enable scalable process-based solutions.
- Prevent tribal knowledge through documentation.
What are the components of a mechanism?
- Tool: transforms inputs to outputs.
- Adoption: set incentives for your stakeholders.
- Inspection: ensure continuous delivery of desired outputs.