Published: June 2019
Outlook Calendar Invites: Out of the Office & Work from Home
Circulated: November 25, 2019
- Include your name in the subject (i.e. ‘Cassandra — OOTO’ or ‘Danny — WFH’).
- Set ‘Show As’ to ‘Free’ to avoid blocking out other people’s calendars.
- Remove reminder notifications.
- Uncheck ‘Request Responses’ under ‘Response Options’.
- To avoid cluttering your coworker’s calendars, set your OOTO/WFH as ‘all day’ even if you’re taking a partial day.
- Be mindful to share your event with all coworkers who are impacted.
- For OOTO, create a separate event to block out your own calendar as ‘out of the office’.