Source: App Annie
Published: January 2020
The State of Mobile
Circulated: January 21, 2020
Macro-trends for mobile devices in 2019:
- 204 billion worldwide app downloads (+6% YoY).
- $120 billion worldwide app store consumer spend.
- Games make up 72% of app store spend.
- 3.7 hours per day spent in mobile apps by the average Android user (iOS data unavailable).
- $190 billion mobile advertising spend by brands.
Top Apps: Worldwide Monthly Active Users
- WhatsApp Messenger — Facebook
- Facebook — Facebook
- Facebook Messenger — Facebook
- WeChat — Tencent
- Instagram — Facebook
- TikTok — ByteDance
- Alipay — Ant Financial
- QQ — Tencent
- Taobao — Alibaba Group
- Baidu — Baidu