Published: January 2018
n = 1,254 U.S. adults
Travel Trends Among Generations
Circulated: March 4, 2020
- The long weekend (3-5 days) is the most preferred length of time for a leisure trip for Millennials, Gen X, and Gen Z. Baby Boomers are much more likely to travel for a week or longer.
- 81% of Gen Z travelers feel obligated to send texts to family or a significant other before takeoff and after landing.
- 57% of Americans are currently saving money for travel. Millennials are the highest age group at 65%.
- 36% of Gen Z travelers have chosen a destination specifically because they saw postings about the destination on social media.
- 27% of Millennials have posted a potential trip on social media to canvas opinions before booking!
Baby Boomers 1946 to 1964
Gen X 1965 to 1976