Source: 2002 Letter to Shareholders
Why Amazon.com is Peculiar
Circulated: June 7, 2019
In many ways, Amazon.com is not a normal store:
- We turn our inventory 19 times in a year.
- We personalize the store for each and every customer.
- We trade real estate for technology (which gets cheaper and more capable every year).
- We display customer reviews critical of our products.
- You can make a purchase with a few seconds and one click.
- We put used products next to new ones so you can choose.
- We share our prime real estate — our product detail pages — with third parties, and, if they can offer better value, we let them.