Published: July 2020
n = 2,687 full and part-time U.S. employees
Workplace engagement during COVID-19
Circulated: August 27, 2020
Since 2000, Gallup has conducted a monthly, “Employee Engagement” poll, tracking job satisfaction in the American workplace.
- June 2020 represented the most considerable drop in U.S. employee engagement on record.
- 31% report being actively engaged (enthusiastic about, and committed to their job); a record low.
- 54% lack engagement (apathetic about their job).
- 14% are actively disengaged (resent their job and toxic to the workplace).
- Leaders and managers are affected most.
- Not even the 2008 recession or the 9/11 attack registered a more significant impact.