Discover more from Fact of the Day 1
August 15: 5 Steps to Write an Amazon Promo Doc
Advice on promotions at Amazon from a 9-year Amazonian.
Source: Brian Ballantyne
Published: July 2022
5 Steps to Write an Amazon Promo Doc
1. Career: describe the employee's current role, target role, and job history, then discuss it with the employee.
2. Sponsors: identify the employee’s champions, which are people (at a higher level) who will vouch for their impact.
3. Set the Bar: what the bar for this role looks like and how the employee's work goes above and beyond.
4. Courageous Legacy: what dragons were faced and volcanos were climbed. Emphasize any challenges the employee overcame and quantify the impact of their accomplishments.
5. Mitigation: in "Reasons not to Promote," use themes from the feedback to counter with more positive examples of the employee's work.
Are you hiring tech talent? Email me to feature your job in this newsletter.