Discover more from Fact of the Day 1
February 28: 5 Things Learned While Unemployed
After working at Amazon for 9 years, Tac Anderson shares his tips for being unemployed.
Source: Tac Anderson
Published: February 2022
5 Things Learned While Unemployed
Tac Anderson shares his tips for being unemployed (after working at Amazon for 9 years).
1) Have at least 6 months of financial runway so you can hold out for the right job.
2) Cancel every unnecessary subscription to extend your runway.
3) Treat finding a job like a job. Get up, get dressed, and set a number of hours that you’re going to work on it.
4) Finding a job is a numbers game. Apply for every role that might be a fit.
5) Reach out to friends and catch up. Your network is a great place for job leads and you’ll want human connection if you begin to feel low.
🔥 Featured job openings at Echo Frames
Sr. Technical Program Manager: Lead Echo Frames releases across Android & iOS (Cupertino, Seattle).
Sr. Electrical Systems Engineer: Enable new hardware technologies through electrical and firmware development for Echo Frames smart glasses (Cupertino).
Sr. UX Researcher: Drive UX research for software features of smart glasses (Cupertino, Los Angeles).
We’re looking for team members to join our adventure - please see 40+ open roles here!
Are you hiring tech talent? Email me to feature your job in this newsletter.