February 28: 5 Things Learned While Unemployed
After working at Amazon for 9 years, Tac Anderson shares his tips for being unemployed.
Source: Tac Anderson
Published: February 2022
5 Things Learned While Unemployed
Tac Anderson shares his tips for being unemployed (after working at Amazon for 9 years).
1) Have at least 6 months of financial runway so you can hold out for the right job.
2) Cancel every unnecessary subscription to extend your runway.
3) Treat finding a job like a job. Get up, get dressed, and set a number of hours that you’re going to work on it.
4) Finding a job is a numbers game. Apply for every role that might be a fit.
5) Reach out to friends and catch up. Your network is a great place for job leads and you’ll want human connection if you begin to feel low.
🔥 Featured job openings at Echo Frames
Sr. Technical Program Manager: Lead Echo Frames releases across Android & iOS (Cupertino, Seattle).
Sr. Electrical Systems Engineer: Enable new hardware technologies through electrical and firmware development for Echo Frames smart glasses (Cupertino).
Sr. UX Researcher: Drive UX research for software features of smart glasses (Cupertino, Los Angeles).
We’re looking for team members to join our adventure - please see 40+ open roles here!
Are you hiring tech talent? Email me to feature your job in this newsletter.
Yay, three cheers for including Tac's takeaways. He also shares some good learnings on his LinkedIn feed. Definitely good points here.
Great advice, many of them are underrated till one experiences them!