Source: Day One Blog
Published: April 2020
How Amazon is Taking Care of Employees During COVID-19
Circulated: May 4, 2020
Amazon expects to invest $4 billion from April to June on COVID-related initiatives to get products to customers and keep employees safe.
This includes spending more than $800 million in the first half of the year on COVID-19 safety measures, with investments in personal protective equipment, enhanced cleaning of facilities, less efficient process paths that better allow for effective social distancing, higher wages for hourly teams, and developing COVID-19 testing capabilities.
Precise numbers so far:
• Provided 100 million+ masks to sites
• Added 2,298 handwashing stations
• Added 5,765+ janitorial staffers
• Provided an additional 34 million gloves
• Added 48 million ounces of hand sanitizer
• Added 93 million sanitizing spray and wipes
• Procured more than 31,000 thermometers and 1,115+ thermal cameras