June 14: That’s a lot of packages to deliver
Amazon Logistics shipped 8.4 billion parcels to customers in 2021. (Yeah, billion.)
Source: Pitney Bowes
Published: May 2022
That’s a lot of packages to deliver
It’s not just you; Americans are shipping more and more packages.
U.S. parcel* volume grew 6% in 2021, reaching a record high of 21.5 billion. That’s 683 per second.
USPS - 32%
UPS - 24%
Amazon Logistics - 22%
Fedex - 19%
Other - 3%
Amazon Logistics deep-dive
Grew revenue to $22 billion (+19% YoY)
Shipped 8.4 billion parcels in 2021
Amazon Logistics delivered 57% of parcels (4.8 billion). The remaining 43% were passed to carriers for last-mile delivery.
*Parcel shipping refers to smaller boxed items that are under 100 lbs.
Are you hiring tech talent? Email me to feature your job in this newsletter.